St Francis church is part of a monastery built by the Franciscan monks, who are known to have come to Cyprus in 1226 and who holded a large amount of land along the Royal Palace. It was built with the funding provided by Cyprus King Henry II.
The church consists of a three-sided apse and a beautiful chorus. The most important part of St Francis Church, only the ruins of which is available today, is the chapel off the south side. There is an altar and tombstones some of which belong to years 1314-1447.